Saturday, September 26, 2009

In the birthing window but, what is this goo?

We are finally in the "window", home stretch... and our baby is safe to be born now! Doc says it could be any day and I am sooooo excited! I just can't wait to meet him!!! He moves so much and he is so big, or at least my belly is so big and severely uncomfortable at this point! Next week the doc is going to get a visual to see where we are at...

This is going to be TMI but sit tight... My body has been letting down some "goo", it's kinda jello'y, but clear. I suppose it's only more "getting ready" stuff that the body does, still strange. Let's see.. other signs... I have been nesting... I have had a couple crampy contractions, and I have been more emotional, or at least that's what Neil would say... it's cause I am asking him to do more I suppose...

The weather is cooling off and it's an absolute blessing as I am still very warm most times - Neil still struggles at night to keep the blankets on him. I sleep without covers, just a lot of pillows!! Last night some contractions were waking me though, they are only Braxton Hicks but it's practice for the real thing!!! Can't wait! I have to keep practicing my hypnobirthing though, I have not been the best about listening to my affirmations and hypnosis CD. I think I will do that today while I finish up laundry.

The Nursery is done, thanks to friends and a little motivation! Thank goodness for the good people in my life! I couldn't be more grateful! It's a cute room, has all the basics just need to decorate it a bit more tomorrow.

So as for my energy level, I am sooo much more tired. I get out of bed, I go to work and by the time I am driving in or riding with Neil, I am toast and ready for another nap. I am so exhausted! I am ready for a nap before I even get to work. Last week I tried to scramble to get everything done but as that goes, there is still more to be done before I go. Hopefully this week I can through it but if not, well someone else will handle it... we are interchangeable!




Saturday I went (Neil dropped me off) to the Quiet Waters Art and Music Festival and Crystalene (of www.crystalooneys.com) painted my belly! She's also the one that did the henna on my tummy last week too! She is awesome, we met in Hypnobirthing class! She is Australian and the painting this week was for some music that was playing that involved a dirigido.

I think some apple muffins are in order... with the changing season and all time to celebrate the harvest!

1 comment:

HarmSkills said...

yum apple muffins. I think the bean will find them YUMMY!