Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another wall goes down and little man heads south at 37!

We got some serious help Saturday from some seriously amazing people! Thank you Whitney, Derek and Ian for coming out. I am just so happy and so in awe of how kind you guys are. You gave us two new rooms this week and just about assembled our Ikea baby room!

We would have never been able to move that Armoire/Wardrobe with out the help of the boys! (we even had to cut a wall to get it out of the house!)

I must say our adventure to Ikea was a bit nutty... some guy in a Cadillac tried to run us off the road.. scary stuff. But had a wonderful Ihop breakfast too... seems like no trip is ever uneventful!

SO not only has the weekend turned out to be so great, but this past week we also participated in our annual induction of new Chiefs - a 24+ hour event that starts one morning and ends the next day/afternoon. It was wild and I am glad because this year we got a room on post and I was able to go get some rest. It was the only way I was going to make it through the night. This body as strong as it is, is exhausted easily and I am proud to report I lasted pretty good, even though I did not play any major roles, I just took a lot of pictures all night! I guess that is a helpful thing too! So now we have 30+ new Chiefs, I have very swollen tired feet, and I am very proud! Although some folks lost money as they were taking bets that I would go into labor that night... nope! All good! Just a few practice surges/contractions.

Hypnobirthing Class #2: Our instructor put us "out" for about 40 minutes Thursday night! I couldn't believe it though because all eight couples reported it felt like 10 minutes. Class is every Thursday 1830-2100, makes for a long day but it's so interesting. The idea is that you train your self to get into a hypnotic state and let your body do all the work! We are only animals... we should be able to birth like them! I just hope it all works out during the birth and that it's uneventful!

As we get closer I get a bit more and more worried but so excited at the same time. I ask myself.. what will it feel like? Will I be able to walk around? Will it be one of those 25 hour labors that you hear about? Will I endure the pain? Will he come out healthy? All those things are running around my head... or even if we are "ready enough" at home! I am just in awe that something so natural and so simple can be such a huge undertaking and life changing event. We have been doing it since the beginning of time and evolution!

Little man moves south! Either he's feeling the changing weather outside (I am wearing jogging pants for the first time this season!) or he's getting into position! I feel that I can breath easier now and indigestion frequency seems to be on the decline! Thank goodness... Pizza is about the only thing that really is causing me any problems.. so I will have to forgo it till he arrives! Little man is also been a bit of a mover lately. He is so very entertaining and I think I will miss all his movements. Now let me caveat that though... I am the slowest moving person on the planet too... I feel like I have become a sloth! I am still trying to work out at the gym a few days a week but man I am just sloooowwww... I have random spurts of energy but I suppose where the little guy decided to nestle is making it very difficult to move about. I even tried to help put the crib together last night... and I must say rolling around the floor... not an 8 and a half month pregnant lady's forte. I think I will let Neil finish that up!

That's this week in a nutshell! I just can't wait for our little man to arrive! Neil can't wait to dress him in collared shirts! ;)

1 comment:

HarmSkills said...

he must be getting bigger and cramped quarters! Not as much room to move around. He will be here soon!

you take it easy. Make Neil put together the furniture and wait on you hand and foot! I wish I could just stop by and help with the house and put shit together, although I kinda suck at that stuff :)

you will do awesome. The hypnobirthing sounds so neat, how did you hear of it?