Sunday, February 7, 2010


Snow snow snow!!! I can't believe how much snow we got.. it's somewhere between 20 and 30 inches!

I still have no hearing in my right ear which drives me crazy but Gus is doing significantly better in day care this past week. He is taking his full bottles of 4 oz each! I am so proud of him! He must be feeling a lot better. At night his boogers still drive him nuts though and we have to give him a nasal lavage and a little massage... saline drops rock! Huge boogers come out when we used them.

Gus' new thing this past week is grabbing items in his reach. If something is on him or in his vicinity he will grab it and bring it to his face. Sometimes he chews on it (like the blanket or the taggies) or he will just make funny sounds with it. He even swats at things that dangle over his head, especially the octopus with the rattle on it. He holds his hands a lot, which I guess is all in his developmental range! Yeah!

But one of the most significant thing he did last week was play a game of copy cat! He was soooo cute... making some squeaky noises with his mouth so i decided to play a long and copy him. He then again copied me back, we went back and forth for about 5 minutes. He is hilarious. We laughed. He also has been copying laughter. When my mom was here last weekend was the second time he did that, and yesterday he did it again for a third time. When you laugh at him he gets hysterical with laughter, as long as you are laughing.. it's like he's copying.. but he belly laughs! It's overly overly cute.

Neil got him to sit up a bit yesterday, I suppose he is almost at sitting up age, I am excited for him, he will be able to sit and play! I think he will enjoy the world a lot better. Especially when he's frustrated with the view of the ceiling.

For nighttime romps this kid is out by 8 pm.. there seems to be a window though and if we miss it, he's up till 10! Grr. So I definitely try to get him sleeping by 730. Seems to be the golden time for him. He will stay asleep until we dress him for day care but then goes back to sleep for the ride in normally. He sleeps a lot during the day, guess babies need lots of sleeping for lots of growing. He's almost four months.. next week we will go to the doc again for weight, length and another round of shots. None to happy about that, he felt miserable for a few days after the last ones. Yuck. Maybe I will have dad take him.. well no, I have the boob.. and he liked nursing afterward to calm him down. eh. We will see.

Well off to make something warm. It's chilly out and the snow I think is insulated us in and all but it's still nippy. Gus is whining too... must attend to the little cries.

1 comment:

HarmSkills said...

wait... does he sleep from 8pm till mornin' without waking up??? cause if so I might have to hate you... well except that you two are so damn cute!!!!