Saturday, February 20, 2010

My First Night Out... without Gus....

So I was flip flopping about whether to go out or not last night but I am glad I did. I was invited (by Ms. Chrystalene) to the local Miss Expose Fitness (http://www.xposefitness.com/index.shtml) competition and it was great entertainment! Three categories can explain the nature of the event... chair and floor, pole princess and pole diva. It was so fun to watch, talent, strength and creativity! I am so hooked! I might go try a class at some point!

So I was out without Gus... I hated leaving him, and I tried to make it quick. I gave him a quick nursing at 1945 before I stepped out the door and left him with dad and plenty of milk in the fridge. I immediately reveled in the freedom of just me and my alpine radio in the truck (HD no less.. hubby installed HD receiver), and had some fun with myself.. I felt a rush of excitement I was doing something I had not done in a long time - going out on a Friday night. I felt some guilt about leaving Neil and Gus... for different reasons but I knew that I needed a change of scenery. Got to the gym and there were drinks but I opted for water - they didn't have anything yummy for my taste. And I found the girls. We were all invited by Chrystalene to root on one of her friends that she body painted for the competition. We all know Chrystalene for a variety of different reasons and everyone has such wonderful energy about them.

The show was great, there were about 8 competitors and they all looked like they were having so much fun doing their routines. It was just neat. Then after we packed it up and went to the Blue Martini - but they didn't have big enough table for us, then we went to Chevys and they were closing so they wouldn't seat us at the bar or otherwise, and then couldn't think of anything else that wasn't down town (and we didn't want to battle parking) so we ended up at the Double T diner... and we had a wonderful gathering and we ate what we felt like eating and enjoyed good conversation.

Did I miss Gus.. yes, but I didn't feel the overwhelming need to check in with him. I did wonder how dad was doing with him but I just pushed the thoughts out of my head and only thought positive and how much fun this was and it would be a while before I get to do it again. Sigh...

Moms... if you don't get out... make the time and find a sitter if dad isn't available! It was worth it, but I had my fill... even if I never got to that rum and coke I was hoping for. Water served it's purpose.. oh what did I have at the diner... of course... something yumm... carrot cake! (But it didn't have enough rasisins).

Gus is getting so much bigger and more interactive. He tries to copy when you talk to him sometimes, and he gets so excited over nothing and has so much fun. He is a bit independant now and we enjoy the time that gives us to do things around the house (although the house looks like a tornado ripped through it).

Time to get cleaning!

1 comment:

HarmSkills said...

that is great! The first time I was able to leave Connor at night was when he was8 months, after we did the sleep training.

The last two Fridays I have met girlfriends for dinner at 8, after Connor went to bed... and it was great... too much wine involoved! LOL!