Sunday, July 5, 2009

I see Pregnant People




Everywhere! We go to Target, saw three! Walking around Annapolis Towne Center, saw two! Whole foods, saw one, they are everywhere! It seems that the slowed economy over the past winter brought some people closer. Hmm.. It's interesting. When I asked the doc at Bethesda if she thought it was a fluke, she reassured me that there has been an increase of pregnancies this year and that its a baby boom!

See a few articles to read about the baby boom:
This one say's it's Hollywood's fault: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/976590/20062009_baby_boom.html
Some other theories: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323028,00.html

Coming back down from the big picture, this week I have felt like I really gained inches... I have not weighed myself but my tummy seems to really be dominating my body now. The mornings are still the best and on a good day I still get out and jog for a little bit. I have been walking though still and that helps. Got some new pillows too from Sleep Number and they are stellar! They match you with a pillow that works for you, so I got on the bed and tried all the pillows... and Neil and I got some decent pillows... it was neat and my neck is not so badly cricked in the morning now! It's so nice!!!

Big vs. Large.... feeling bigger this week. We don't have a scale so I am not sure where I am at, and a part of me is afraid to find out really. I have probably gained about 20 lbs by now and we are at 26 weeks... almost to third trimester. It's scary to watch that scale go up.. 20 pounds is a LOT OF WEIGHT!!! UGH!! But on the good side, baby is kicking happily and seems he is comfortable! I hope so, I am giving him half my body's real estate! ;) It's so fun to feel him move around! It's just amazing really. All the sacrifice we have to make to foster these beautiful little guys! I can't wait to meet him, really!

Baby shower is around the corner and I can't wait to see everyone! It's going to be nice to sit down with everyone and have a nice lunch! I can't wait! Well as for the rest of the week, doing well, having bad ups and downs, Neil could be more supportive, but what husband couldn't' use a lesson in support.... Sigh... he's doing wonderful though and he's just as excited I think... you would have to ask him. He puts his hand on my tummy more often these days. Might be because he is so happy about his new ride though. His Jetta was falling apart so we had to invest in a new car. Of course any old new car was not good enough for Neil and we did need a family car so we agreed on a BMW, and he selected a used 2006 750 in burgundy with tan interior. This thing has all the bells and whistles, it's a very nice ride and will do beautifully as a family car - very roomy!

Well everyone have a wonderful week! I hope everyone had a great and safe weekend, we had a quiet one - stayed local and today we plan on going to see the Point Thomas Lighthouse as our weekend "outing"! Oh I did a chalk drawing as well, as you can see in the picture. Have a great short week!!!

2 comments:

HarmSkills said...

beautiful drawing. You are so talented mamma

James Freund said...

Hi! I work for Select Comfort on the online Customer Service team. Thanks for blogging about our bed pillows! I invite you to drop by our website where you can share you story with our other customers. Here’s a link where you can post a review: http://www.ilovesleepnumer.com.