Sunday, July 26, 2009

Family, fun and sun and a butternut squash!!!

Mom and I
Neil and I

What a great weekend! SO busy, but so daunting! Thank goodness for Sundays really! My mom, brothers, sister in law and nanna came in from out of town (NY, FL) for the shower and for some family time. It was wonderful. I had not seen my nanna in quiet a few months!

For the baby shower we had a great time. The place, Charthouse Annapolis, was set up beautifully! All our tables were put up against the window so everyone had a lovely view of the harbor - the day promised views of all types of boats and sun. The windows in the lounge of the Charthouse reach from floor to ceiling. It's just a lovely place for lunch.

Seeing everyone was so much fun, I had not seen many of the Carbone family since the wedding and then even years back further for some. It was nice to see my mom enjoy the company she does not get to see often enough. These are people she grew up with. We had new, not so new and old friends, it was a wonderful time and the meal was more than enough! I highly reccommend Saturday afternoon affairs at the Charthouse if you need a private venue for a party!

As for the babe, we are 29 WEEKS now!!! He's a butternut squash size! 15 inches? He kicks plenty and is even responding to Neil's voice more and more. I tell Neil to talk to him and here soon we are going to start reading to him! A little bed time story here and there. As he grows stronger and moves more and more each day I feel full of love and find comfort in him. Someone hit the nail on the head yesterday.... she said once she gave birth to her babies, she felt lonely! You get so used to someone being there in your belly for so long, and their movement.. and then they are not there... it's a wild thought, and makes all the sense in the world. I am sure that's how I might feel it too.

Ok off to do laundry and take Marc to the airport! Time flies!!! Then it's all about getting the house back in order for another week of work!!! Yeah!! eh. Work.. that's another blog!!

Ohhhhh I fORGOT.. Ummm... Colostrum.. yeah had a dribble yesterday... first time... but so far that was it... I suppose the girls are getting ready to give milk!! I will keep that posted!

No comments: