Sunday, June 7, 2009

Week 22: Magical 22! Conversations about aliens, sleeping and pooping.


The miracle of pregnancy has yet to bore me, it's so completely amazing! To be able to feel life from within me is so incomprehensible yet so natural all at the same time. I am sure the surging hormones help me feel this way to ensure a bond is formed but nonetheless I feel wonderful aside from all the pregnancy quirks. I just want to meet this little man already!

Quirks.. yes I will call them such... one of the more uncomfortable things is having to sleep on your left side with a pillow between your legs. After a while... well my left cheek goes numb and I have to move.. so I roll over, but it's not that simple, I have to move the pillows, I have to take my teddy bear (yeah yeah.. the bear helps support other body parts), and all while not trying to disturb the sleeping beast next to me, oh and sometimes I have to kick a cat or two out of the way when they lay by my feet. So to say the least sleep has become a trying task, and our sugar bears also contribute to some night time wake up calls, oh and then there is the midnight nature calls too... I can't say I am missing out on much though. I don't feel that I am missing more than I should. I am still functional during the day and I take the opportunity of sleep deprivation as an chance to practice for the real thing and as an excuse to nap mid day! Haha.. love those naps.. I get them a couple times a week. I try not to feel bad about doing so but hey... a pregnant gal's got to do what a pregnant gal's gots to do! Need to take care of the babe.

So it seems to me the little kicks are less frequent the last few days, but I have also been suffering some funky bowel irritation. It's been about 5 days, and I heard constipation is normal, but to swing this far in the other direction I am starting to consider a blockage might be causing problems. I suppose if it goes on another day or two I need to call the doc and go in to see her. I know that's a bit TMI but normally I get a bit constipated here and there, but not the reverse... it's strange, I thought it was cause the little man was kicking my bowels.. but I don't think that's the case. Ok enough about my colon.

The body gets so strange. My belly has reached a very boulbus state. It's finally resemblant of a true pregnant belly and not just fat around my waist. It's kinda fun and I am so happy little man is growing in the right direction. But everytime I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I surprise myself! I am like "whoa, who put that there?", and I turn to neil, I grimace, and remind him how strange it is to be with a babe. Poor guy, must be getting old hearing the same thing over and over. (Yes Neil, I do feel for you! You have the toughest job of putting up with me)

Watching the scale go up is such a happy but sad time. . . in the era of Cosmopolitan magazine and anorexic runway models it's tough to watch that waistline disappear. Wearing cute outfits is my only combat to this, that and the reminder of the new life, I CREATE LIFE! How wild is that? Have you seen the movie Spaceballs when Barf and Lonestar are at the truck stop diner and an alien comes out of the guy's belly and starts singining, Hello my baby, hello my darling... ??? That's what it makes me think of! Haha! ! ! OK enough with my silliness... Back to I create life! And apparently I will create food too... we will see how that all goes... I wonder what the milk tastes like? Anyone out there taste it?

So yes, I have gained about 12 pounds so far.. Doc seems ok with that, so I guess i am doing good. I am still working out though.. in the gym at least three times a week, doing the Wii Fit at home... that's fun... and now the Prenatal Yoga on Saturday Mornings is neat too! I want to do some swimming here too now that the summer is just about upon us... I will have to see about finding a class, or just a pool to go to locally. hmm... could be fun. Now how do I motivate Neil to participate???

Well thats enough for this week... I got to keep it interesting so have to same some antics for next week! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

HarmSkills said...

i love reading your up dates. sorry bout the pooh problem... i hope it works itself out. 12lbs is nothing... i still have 11lbs to lose, although i doubt ill ever be the weight i was the day i got preg and thats ok. you look great! i have a pic from 22.5 weeks in my facebook, thats the first week i started posting pics. i guess cause its when i stopped feeling pudge and felt and looked like a preg belly!!!!

take care xoxox