Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Week 11 and it's a fig!



It's exciting stuff, we had our first visit with the doc yesterday and Neil made it just in time... flew in that morning! Yeah! We could not be happier! (Even though so much work on the house got done while he was away! *wink*)

Doctor seemed to be pretty happy with the way things were going and I have felt so much better as we are leaving the first trimester. I do get the "fear" that I was not having enough "pregnancy symptoms" and there are moments I worry that things are not as they should be. It happens a lot right now... I suppose as I start gaining weight hopefully the fear will be for not, but it's been looming.

I have gained about 2-3 pounds since my pregnancy has began and normal seems be anywhere between 2-7 pounds depending where you read. So about 5 is average and healthy but because of my small stature we are doing well. And as much as I hate to do this, I appreciate all the other moms who did, so here we go, the beginning of the Belly Shots, and not the kind you suck out of belly buttons.

I am pushing the comfort factor of my jeans since my hips spread over the last few weeks and the bloat made me unable to wear my uniforms to work but now that the bloat went away (about week 6) I have been feeling pretty good. Had to upgrade bras, and looks like I may be upgrading again soon... but feeling really good, less nausea and wooziness, but I have been tired...

Tomorrow we have our first ultrasound and we can't wait... pictures to follow!

2 comments:

HarmSkills said...

keep updating! I have bookmarked your page.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see li'l ultrasound pics....and love the 'belly shots'....wonder how much the sparrows are going to grow. LOL Love you mama!