Monday, December 21, 2009

2 plus months and 15 pounds!











Ahhh Florida, it's so much warmer here although it is 50 degrees this morning it beats the 20 degree weather back in Annapolis. But I am missing the snow for the second time this year.. go figure.








Gustave and I flew down Tuesday morning to be with my mother, and it has been a welcome comfort to be able to go for a run in the mornings. We also got Gustave a running stoller (that's good for all around) and a playard for here in Florida. Figure we will be back here soon enough especially as the weather gets warmer and we can come use the pool. Did I tell you how great he was on the plane? Granted flying with a child adds challenges, especially when he doesn't walk and his mother doesn't want the stroller. I took him in the baby bjorn.. I enjoy wearing him and it makes it easier to move around. But it's a chore to eat or potty with him on me. LOL!

Running
So I have ran a total of 9 miles this week, done some calesthenics, mall walking and today we did stair stepper to preserve my feet which have been hurting me for some time. I think since pregnancy they are still healing away. We will see. But it's been great running. They put a sidewalk down my mother's street so it's an easy three miles to the end of the road and back. Not bad for starting back out. Granted I am running and walking here and there but still getting about three miles in 35 minutes, and that's not too bad. I did see three hawks and one bobcat this week. The bobcat was huge. When it jumped out of a neighbor's yard I felt my heart sink and thought it was more of a gargoyle coming at me, but it looked my way turned and looked around before running across the street. It was huge, like a large doberman, and it was all cat... he was neat. I am glad he went the other way though, I don't think his teeth would have been comforable.

Cooking
I am not a huge fan of celery but I saw some celery root in the store the other day and swore that AB (alton brown) had made a puree with some. So I grabbed two roots, two turnips and a couple small potatoes and viola made a puree. I unfortunately stunk the house up with celery, my mother opened the whole place up.. she was a bit over taken, and in the end it was a much lighter fare than regular mash potatoes, but I will use less celery root next time and more turnip and potatoe.. but My brother and mom agreed last night it went well with the lamb chops and some naan bread.. can't complain there. I think I am creating some form of veggie lasagna tonight.. joy! I need to go out and get mozzeralla though. We also need xmas lights so either way I am going to make a trip out today. I think I can get it all in one shopping center if I work quick though during Gustave's nap times.

Shopping
Speaking of shopping, we took Gustave to see Santa in his new wheels. It was the first time Gustave rode in a forward facing stroller but he seemed to like it, if not overwhelmed really. He loved seeing people and everyone loved seeing him. He laughed with every new face he saw. It was totally cute! I think he's still a bit small for the stroller but he was very comfortable in it from what we could tell. But when he can't see anyone he got bothered I must say. So yes, I did say we braved the mall in the end and santa was fun even though Gustave was all awake while we were in line, as soon as it was our turn Gustave was tired, sleepy and just not cooperative for the photo.. oh well.. we still got a cute shot in the end.
What else did we do this week... I have such a fuzzy memory since he has come along.. he is just so precious and takes up all my attention, time and effort. It's difficult even carving out time to write this blog and shower! But we will prevail!

Great Aunt and Uncle Klenk
So we also made a car trip up to Fort Pierce to visit his great aunt and uncle! The rains were horrible but we braved the trip and drove the hour north to meet them at a small restaurant (Mangrove Maddy's) and enjoyed some lunch. It was great having them meet us half way because anything over an hour needs diaper changes and feedings. I don't know how we are going to make it up and back from Orlando later this week to see his cousin... well it will just be super difficult for me and him... I am not looking forward to the travel to say the least. Maybe I can invite them down for a day... if they are willing.
GUSTAVE
So it's another day and I invite you to check out his youtube site later. www.youtube.com/littlegustave I am putting more video out of him just being generally cute~! i love him so much, watching new developments is fun.. he can now grab a bit and holds onto clothes and hair, and he tried to sit up yesterday while he was in my lap! Yes sit up is what I said.. not spit up.... although he does that a loootttt... icky! I can just sit and watch him for hours. enjoy!












1 comment:

HarmSkills said...

post his santa pic!

Connor is only 17lbs and 9 months old! you must have magic growing pills in all that milk.

xoxox