Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gus celebrates 1 Month!


Celebrate, we have made it to one month and yes just as every other mother told me, it gets easier as time passes.

Gustave has become a wonderful eater and he even sleeps sometimes. But he has taken to biting a little - he will definitely let me know he is there sometimes! Other times he is just wonderful - every 2 hours (sometimes every hour when he's cranky), and at night he will go as long as 5 hours stints sometimes. Like I said, lucky! Breastfeeding certainly has it's challenges and has made me less modest in and of the least. I feel so "au natural"! I found out the Annapolis Mall has a Family area with private rooms to breast feed, so that makes mall walking easier... I have a place for us to do our thing.

The only major problem is wardrobe. My wardrobe has completely become challenged. I dress according on boob access. Yes, so I still don't get to try my clothes on - but that maybe a good thing. I am quiet sensitive as to the weight still, so it's probably better I do not try on any of my pre-pregnancy clothes just yet. Maybe a couple more weeks. (Sorry Harmony, I am still using one of your pants, I will send it soon!). Keeps me in a better mood!

I am also finally getting on an eating schedule for myself. Oatmeal in the morning keeps me going, yogurt and Fruit and Nut bars for snacks (and the occasional handful of brazil nuts), and lunch is usually a toaster muffin with cream cheese and maybe an egg. Dinner is different each day but I have been making large meals and freezing them as when I go back to work I think it will all be way more difficult. So stocking up on meals now!

Been storing milk too - for Gus. I have taken to pumping after all his meals. Basically I siphon off whatever he did not take and save it, once I reach 4-5 ounces of milk - it goes into the freezer. Figure he is going to need like 30 oz.s a day - so I need to stock up big time!! Or at least for that first day at day care when we have to drop him off... ugh..

So speaking of Day Care....
It is so difficult to find day care. The Family Care Moms from base have not called me back. The one we were excited about is booked, and the base day care is full still for infants. So now we are waiting, and it's a bit of a problem, I have to return to work! Ugh... so might have to hire a nanny if we can't get on post or off post. We will see. I am trying out a locater service to see if the can find me something available sooner.

Oh and the other big development is that Gustave is moving out of some of his newborn clothes. He's growing!!!

1 comment:

HarmSkills said...

I wish I could come over and cook you dinner (or snuggle with Gus!!!!) you sound like you are doing great!
At my 6 week post partum appt, I still had about 14 lbs to lose, and it seemed like it took forever, but then one day the weight started to melt away... probably as we got more active and started to go walking all day everyday. Now I literally cant eat enough to keep up with the BFing. Once he starts eating more (not more often, but more of your calories) you will see a difference.
I was in maternity pants for about 2.5 months after Connor was born...

PS Gus is sleeping great! I hope he keeps it up.