Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lint, cheese, wax, gross!



Lint is out of control, it dominates all the little folds of my son's skin! It feels like every time I turn around there is a new ball of dark lint between his fingers or toes. It's humorous really and makes for some extra maintenance, and we laugh about it. It's amazing how he collects it.

Now there is something much grosser than lint, and all moms can back me on this one... the cheese. The cheese behind his knees, the cheese behind his ear, in his ear, and especially under his chin after a good spit up day. I know this is gross, but it's wild how all these little folds collect "stuff". We went to the doctor last week (18 pounds... a bit sickly) and his toes were covered in lint when I realized it (he had been wearing dark socks. But before I lost my sense of smell with this cold, I was able to also realize that his little feet smelled like feet! Hehe. Sock lint must be one reason!

Oh and ears! This kid makes more ear wax in a day than I do in a week! Thank goodness for those little baby Qtips, we have to use them religiously! And on the days I miss out, it seems to form little balls and falls out, so I occasionally find little balls of wax lying next to him, that no doubt had fallen out of his ear! Funky!!!

Babies are awesome! It's wild how over the top anal we moms can be. So in cave man days I suppose you would probably have just left all the gunk there, jeeze, I have no idea how a human baby would survive outside of life with it's modern conveniences and nuances. I mean really, there are tribes that still live in the bush in other countries - how do they do it. If you have a crying baby wouldn't that attract the beasts that would love to have him/her as a snack? We are not exactly quiet as babies... I don't think we would survive. I guess that's what makes the society we live in today so unique when comparing and contrasting with previous eras.

Ok enough with my deep thoughts.. have a wonderful Sunday! Hoping for those eyes to stay blue!

1 comment:

HarmSkills said...

funny! I love reading about Gus' cheese. hilarious!

I also cant believe he is 18lbs already!